Duomo Florence Tours | Explore the Jewel of Florence With an Expert Guide
All Your Duomo Florence Tour Options
Why Take a Duomo Florence Tour?
The Duomo Florence is one of the most popular and most visited landmarks in Florence. Here are a few reasons why you should go on a Duomo Florence tour.
Highlights Covered on Your Duomo Florence Tour
Crypt of Santa Reparata
An archaeological excavation beneath the cathedral from 1965 to 1973 revealed the ruins of the old cathedral of Saint Reparata in Florence. If you climb down an old stairway, it will lead you to the Crypt that still contains the remains of the old basilica as well as Filippo Brunelleschi’s tomb tucked away in a corner. The mosaics and frescoes dating back to the 8th century provide visitors with a better understanding of the city’s landscape as well as the importance and prevalence of art during the time.
A stairway consisting of 150 steps inside Dead North Tribune leads visitors to the open north and south terraces of the Cathedral from where you can get a closer look at Brunelleschi’s Dome and soak in the incredible views of the city of Florence and its various landmarks. Built at a height of 32 metres, the terraces offer you an opportunity to touch the magnificent dome or the Cupola as well as admire its stunning marble decorations. The terraces were originally built to be used by workers responsible for the maintenance of the Cathedral, but were opened to the public in 1985.
Guided Tours vs Non-Guided Tours
- Your expert tour guide will provide you with all the information and insight about the historical site.
- Most guided tour options come with a skip-the-line feature, which allows you to walk past huge crowds and access the attraction.
- A guided tour has a fixed itinerary including all the major points of interest inside the Duomo complex, making it easier to navigate a site as vast and historic as the Duomo.
- Guided tours include a small group of people allowing for a more interactive experience.
- You can take advantage of the audio guide to understand and know more about the history of Duomo Florence.
- Basic entry tickets do not allow you to skip the line or walk past huge crowds to enter the site. You will have to opt for specific tickets that allow priority access.
- A general admission ticket allows you to explore Duomo Florence at your own pace. You can tailor the visit to suit your needs and decide which highlights you want to explore, and you will not be bound by any time limitations on how much time you can spend at each stop.
Frequently Asked Questions About Duomo Florence Tours
A. Yes. You can book a Duomo Florence guided tour here.
A. You can book a Duomo Florence guided tour online.
A. Duomo Florence tours start from €22.
A. There are four types of Duomo Florence tours available – Guided Tour to the Duomo with Access to the Cupola, Florence Duomo Express Guided Tour, Florence Half-Day Tour – Uffizi and Accademia Galleries with Florence Cathedral, and Exclusive Tour of Florence Duomo with Dome and Secret Terraces Access.
A. The Duomo Florence tour includes all the major points of interest like Brunelleschi’s Dome, Cathedral of Santa Maria de Fiore, Baptistry of San Giovanni, Giotto’s Campanile, and the Crypt of Santa Reparata.
A. The Duomo Florence tours are available in three languages – English, Italian, and Spanish.
A. The Duomo Florence guided tour covers all the major attractions inside including Brunelleschi’s Dome, Cathedral of Santa Maria de Fiore, Baptistry of San Giovanni, Giotto’s Campanile, and the Crypt of Santa Reparata.
A. It depends on the type of Duomo Florence tour you book. The small group guided tour will have no more than 10 people while the other guided tours have a maximum capacity of 25 guests.
A. Yes. The Duomo Florence guided tour is worth it because it is an architectural masterpiece and the largest masonry structure in the world. It is home to a unique and one-of-a-kind Dome that can support itself without collapsing.
A. Yes. The Duomo Florence guided tours include skip the line access.
A. Yes. You can cancel your Duomo Florence tour ticket up to 48 hours before the scheduled date and get a full refund.
A. Duomo Florence tours can be anywhere between 45 minutes to six and a half hours long depending on the tour you book.
A. No. There are no discounted tickets available for the Duomo Florence tours.