Detailed Guide to the Best Ways to Get to the Duomo Florence
Where is Florence Cathedral Located?
Getting to Duomo Florence
Closest Station: Santa Maria Novella
Frequency: Every 10 minutes
If you are coming from the main train station, Santa Maria Novella, it is a short walk of about 15 minutes to reach the Duomo.
Closest stop: Piazza Del Duomo
Frequency: Once a day
Hop on to the C2 from the Santa Maria Novella train station or the C3 bus from Piazza San Marco and hop off at Piazza del Duomo, which is a short walk from the cathedral.
Getting to Duomo Florence by Car
- For a swift journey to Duomo Florence, take A50/E35/E62 from Via Pinerolo and continue on A1 until Viale Etruria in Firenze.
- From Viale Etruria, navigate through Viale Francesco Talenti and Via del Moro, leading you to Via de' Cerretani, a stone's throw from the Duomo. Be mindful of Florence's ZTL (restricted traffic zones) to avoid fines; always check local signs.
- Park2Go Duomo Parcheggio Firenze: This covered parking spot is a mere 250 m away from the Cathedral. Charges here average EUR 9 per hour.
- Garage Michelangelo: This covered car park is located 300 m away from the Cathedral. An unlimited day pass for parking would cost you EUR 35, and the minimum parking here is for a day. Garage Michelangelo also offers car wash services and electric vehicle recharging.
- Central Parking Firenze: Located 500 m away from the Cathedral, this covered public parking spot charges EUR 10 per hour.
- Garage Oriuolo: Located 500 m away from the Cathedral, this covered public parking spot charges EUR 10 per hour.
- Muoviamo Giglio - Santa Maria Novella Car Park: Located 400 m away from the Cathedral, this covered public parking spot charges EUR 7 per hour.
Walking to Duomo Florence
Since the Cathedral is in the city centre, it is highly accessible on foot. You can also take advantage of its locale by exploring the neighboring areas on foot, as there are various notable landmarks nearby.
From the Piazza Sant’Elisabetta, the Cathedral is a 2-minute walk away. Head northwest toward Piazza del Giglio, and take a right onto Vicolo del Giglio. Almost immediately, you’ll see a left to Via dell'Oche followed by a sharp right to Via dei Calzaiuoli. Continue down this to reach the Cathedral.
Best Way to Get to Duomo Florence
- Budget-friendly: The bus is the cheapest way to get to the Cathedral. Since it is in the city centre, almost all bus routes invariably pass the Cathedral, making it the most convenient and economical way to visit.
- Fastest route: The public transportation options tend to take longer as they have multiple stops. If you are on a strict timetable, driving to the Cathedral would be the best option as parking is easily available around the Cathedral.
- Sight-seeing: Since the Cathedral is in close proximity to many landmarks in Florence, exploring the city on foot is the best way to get the most out of your Italian experience!
Book Tickets to Duomo Florence
Frequently Asked Questions About Duomo Florence Address
A. The address to Duomo Florence is Piazza del Duomo, 50122 Firenze, Italy
A. Duomo Florence is located in the city centre of Firenze, Italy.
A. You can reach the Duomo on foot, using public transport such as buses or trains, or by driving your vehicle.
A. Public transport buses are the best way to reach the Cathedral, as it is a famous bus stop along many routes.
A. Driving your own vehicle or hiring a taxi would be the most time-efficient way to get to the Cathedral.
A. The Duomo is an hour and 15 minutes away from the Florence Airport in Peretola.
A. You can take the c2 or c3 bus lines to reach the Florence Duomo.
A. Piazza del Duomo is the closest bus stop to the Florence Cathedral.
A. Piazza del Duomo is the closest train station to the Florence Cathedral.
A. Yes, you can reach the Duomo in your private vehicle or a taxi.
A. There is no on-site parking at the Duomo, however there are numerous paid parking facilities around the Duomo.
A. Yes, you can pay and park at the Park2Go, garage Michelangelo, and Central Parking Firenze parking facilities.
A. The Duomo is located in the city centre, and is easily accessible on foot.
A. The walk from Florence city centre to the Duomo would be close to 2 minutes.
A. The Piazza del Duomo, Piazza Strozzi, and Basilica di San Lorenzo are nearby attractions.
A. Yes, there are city sightseeing bus tours that would take you to the Florence Duomo.